When recycling, to help to conserve Earth's resources, is part of the business idea, it's clear that environmental issues are the focus. In addition to setting our own targets for the environmental work we also help our customers achieve theirs.
The basis for all our environmental efforts is Stena Aluminium's environmental policy:
- Within a given framework develop practices and processes with environmental stewardship and through continous improvements in our operations meet future environmental requirements.
- Reduce our use of resources, waste and prevent pollution, noise and other environmental incidents.
- Consider and provide environmental aspects of activities such as planning, development, procurement of goods and services, sales, production and transports.
- Educate and inform employees and other parties related to our business in order to increase knowledge and understanding of our environmental efforts.
- Comply with laws, regulations and other requirements in our area of operations.
- Provide facts about our environmental impact and our environmental efforts to customers, suppliers, employees and the public; and take on incoming comments and treat those in a serious manner.
- The environmental policy relates to all our activities