Historical events 1906 - 2010
Stena Aluminium's history dates back to the beginning of the 1900s.
- 1906 Gotthard Nilsson starts recycling operations in Älmhult, recycling everything from scrap to rags.
- 1939 The company Sten A Olsson Metallprodukter is founded
- 1949 Production of aluminium alloys begins.
- 1976 The Nilsson family sells the company to Ratos, Gränges and Holmen, purchasing 30% each, while the family retains 10%.
- 1986 Gränges becomes the 100% owner of Gotthard Nilsson.
- 1990 Gotthard Aluminium buys the smelting plant in Kolding from Boliden Bergsö.
- 1998 Stena Metall buys the entire Gotthard Group.
- 2001-2004 New smelting technology is installed.
- 2005 Boxholms Aluminiumåtervinning is aquired.
- 2007 Inauguration of the concept liquid aluminium in Älmhult.
- 2008 We begin delivering liquid aluminium to Ljunghäll and to the Varnäs companies.
- 2008 Concentration of production to Älmhult.
- 2010 New production permit in Älmhult, 90 000 tpy.